Celebrate 100 years of fighter planes with Issue 72 of How It Works
From World War I to the modern day, discover the evolution of military aircraft through the ages in Issue 72 of How It Works magazine. In this jam-packed issue, we take you through the history of warplanes and explore the incredible tech changing the face of aerial warfare today.
- Real-life superpowers: We reveal the amazing technology that can help you climb walls like Spiderman, regenerate skin and bone like Wolverine, and give you super strength like Iron Man.
- The future of cinema: From 3D and IMAX to virtual reality and laser projection, find out how the movie industry is changing to fight declining sales.
- 50 science myths busted: Do bumblebees really defy the laws of physics? Will vitamin C actually protect you from the common cold? Discover the truth behind some of the most common science myths.
- Amazing animal architects: Explore the incredible engineering achievements of the animal kingdom as we take you on a tour of the homes of ants, beavers, rabbits and more.
- Hydrogen cars: Learn more about the eco-firendly fuel of the future
- Plugs from around the world: Find out why we are unlikely to see a universal plug any time soon
- The chemistry of coffee: Discover the secret ingredients that make your morning coffee smell and taste so good
- Auroras on other planets: It’s not just Earth that experiences magnetic light shows
- How big is the ISS?: Find out just how huge humanity’s home in orbit has become
- How Vesuvius destroyed Pompeii: Learn more about the catastrophic eruption that buried an entire city for centuries
- Weird history: From safety coffins to shrunken heads, we explore the strange practices of ancient times
- Global Eye: Learn about shadowless skyscrapers, glowing mushrooms, rocket boosters and the ‘Butcher crocodile’.
- Reviewed: We test out the latest running technology and car sat nave
- How To: Find out how to make a pinhole camera and recycle paper
- Brain Dump: Your curious science questions answered, including why are eggs egg-shaped and why are deserts so hot?
Pick up a copy of Issue 72 today from all good retailers, or order it online from the ImagineShop. If you have a tablet or smartphone, you can also download the digital version onto your iOS or Android device. To make sure you never miss an issue of How It Works magazine, make sure you subscribe today!