Discover the world’s deadliest predators in How it Works Issue 76
From great white sharks and killer whales to lions, tigers and the grizzly bear, the creatures at the top of their food chains have developed some ingenious ways to protect themselves and catch their next meal.
Whether it’s the bone crushing jaws of the crocodile or the potent venom of the komodo dragon, nothing stands in the way of these lethal animals. In this issue, we battle some of the world’s deadliest creatures against each other to find out who comes out on top. Plus, if you fancy getting up close and personal with one of the ocean’s deadliest predators, we’re giving you the chance to win a once-in-a-lifetime encounter with sand tiger sharks!
Also in this issue:
- Your guide to survival: SAS Veteran John Wiseman reveals how to take on the wilderness and win, with advice for building a fire, finding food and making a shelter.
- The wonders of water: Discover why this colourless chemical is the key to life and find out where it comes from and where it exists in space.
- How YouTube works: Uncover the incredible technology behind the world’s most popular video sharing site, then take a look at our own fascinating videos!
- The future of commuting: Explore the cutting edge technology set to change the way we travel, from driverless cars to the amazing Hyperloop.
- When worlds collide: Find out what happens when planets crash into each other in deep space.
- Life in the Inca Empire: Discover how this ancient South American civilisation built cities in the clouds.
- The flammable Lake Abraham: We reveal what causes the explosive bubbles beneath its frozen surface.
- The science of tennis: Find out how to perfect your swing and deliver the perfect serve.
- Underground engineering: Learn how New York City’s subway was constructed over 100 years ago.
- The ultimate cruise: Explore the amazing tech onboard the colossal Quantum Of the Seas.
- How Google Cardboard works: How a simple cardboard box can turn your smartphone into a virtual reality headset.
- How are exoplanets found?: Discover the powerful telescopes looking for alien worlds.
- Global Eye: Discover the supersonic jet that can go from New York to London in three hours, and the world’s first 3D printed car.
- Wish List: Our round up of the best survival tech to keep you alive in the wilderness.
- How To: Learn how to build an electric motor and clean tarnished silver.
- Brain Dump: Your curious science questions answered, including why do kangaroos jump? And is there sound in space?
- Plus, much, much more!
Pick up a copy of Issue 71 today from all good retailers, or order it online from the ImagineShop. If you have a tablet or smartphone, you can also download the digital version onto your iOS or Android device. To make sure you never miss an issue of How It Works magazine, make sure you subscribe today!