How It Works issue 50 free preview!
This month How It Works is packed with a bunch of great articles, here are a few of our favourites:
* 50 GREATEST INVENTIONS – We reveal the most significant feats of human ingenuity that have shaped the modern world.
* Solar storms – What is taking place on the surface of the Sun in 2013?
* The deadliest places on Earth – Dare you venture to some of the world’s most hostile locations?
* Science of food – Why cooking is essentially a series of amazing chemical reactions.
* Integrated circuits – Find out which vital component powers all your gadgets, from your laptop to your smartphone.
* World’s biggest vehicles – From the most spacious submarine to the most enormous hovercraft, we explore supersized transport.
* Brooklyn Bridge – It’s one of the most famous landmarks in all of America, but how was this spectacular suspension bridge constructed?
How It Works issue 50 is on sale from 15 August 2013 and is available from WHSmiths, Barnes & Noble, supermarkets and all good newsagents.