Dinosaurs are without doubt one of natural history’s most revered behemoths, but there are some facts that would surprise even the biggest dinosaur aficionados. Did you know that the T-rex lived closer to us than it did to the Stegosaurus? Or that none of them could fly? With the release of Jurassic World just around the corner, make sure you pick up a copy of Issue 73 of How It Works to brush up on your dinosaur knowledge!
- Forensic science: Learn about the incredible new tech that’s changing the face of forensic science, including virtual reality crime scenes and the ability to sniff out hidden graves
- Armoured trains: see how railways went to war, including Winston Churchill’s armoured train
- VTOL drones: See the faster, electric-powered aircraft that are taking to the skies today
- On the farm: Learn what really happens on a dairy farm, including the life of a dairy cow and what takes place during the milking process
- The truth about sugar: Find out where sugar comes from and the foods it’s hiding in
- Porsche 919 Hybrid: See the car Porsche have tasked with reclaiming their domination of the Le Mans 24 hour race
- Zombie Stars: Learn about these incredible celestial wonders, along with six other amazing wonders or our universe
- How seat belts keep you safe: Find out how seat belts save lives in the event of an accident
- Hubble’s 25th Anniversary: The Hubble telescope has blessed us with a vast array of incredible images, some of which we’ve featured
- The fearless honey badger: This master of mayhem can shrug off snake venom and will ransack homes in the search for food
- The science of singing: Whether you fancy yourself as a budding pop star or not, find out how you can improve your karaoke performance
- Global Eye: Army ants, a cracking lake, carbon nanotubes and Mars’ salty secrets are all featured in this month’s Global Eye
- Reviewed: We test out the latest camping gear and portable bluetooth speakers
- How To: Learn how to make your own pH paper and how to perfect the art of stone skimming
- Brain Dump: We’ve answered more of your curious questions, including how truth serum works and what will happen when the Sun dies.
Pick up a copy of Issue 73 today from all good retailers, or order it online from the ImagineShop. If you have a tablet or smartphone, you can also download the digital version onto your iOS or Android device. To make sure you never miss an issue of How It Works magazine, make sure you subscribe today!