1. The MOD’s Future Rapid Effect System (FRES) project awarded a Specialist Vehicle contract to General Dynamics for the ASCOD AFV in March 2010 – the first of the programme.
2. The CV90 is already in operation in Denmark, the Netherlands, Norway, Finland, Switzerland and Sweden. Its latest iteration is currently in evaluation in Canada, the US and Poland.
3. BAE-Northrop Grumman’s new Ground Combat Vehicle uses a hybrid electric drive (HED) for propulsion, delivering a top speed of 70km/h (44mph) as well as enhanced efficiency.
4. By value, 80 per cent of the Scout SV vehicles will be completed in the UK, with 70 per cent of the supply chain companies UK-based, boosting the British defence industry.
5. The latest build standard for the CV90 is the Armadillo. This has been redesigned to focus on commonality between tank variants and is modular for easy configuration switching.