Top Five Easter Egg facts!
1. The biggest ever Easter egg was made in Italy in 2011, weighed in at a whopping 7,200kg and stood 10.39 metres tall. So that is a three-storey egg that weighs more than two hippopotamuses.
2. The most expensive ever Easter egg cost £9m. It wasn’t your average hollow chocolate treat though. This egg was jewel-encrusted and contained a jewel-covered cockerel that crowed and flapped its wings every hour.
3. When faced with a cute chocolate bunny, over three-quarters of people say that the first thing that they eat are the ears.
4. The first Cadbury Easter egg was made in 1875. Now, one in three hollow chocolate eggs are made in Cadbury’s Birmingham factory.
5. Civilisations as far back as the Ancient Egyptians, Romans and Greeks dyed eggs in order to celebrate the spring.