Top Five Easter Egg facts!
1. The largest ever decorated Easter egg was created in March 2019 by Associação Visite Pomerode in Pomerode, Santa Catarina, Brazil and measured 15.02 m (49 ft 3 in) tall and 8.72 m (28 ft 7 in) in diameter.
2. The most expensive ever Easter egg cost £9m. It wasn’t your average hollow chocolate treat though. This egg was jewel-encrusted and contained a jewel-covered cockerel that crowed and flapped its wings every hour.
3. When faced with a cute chocolate bunny, over three-quarters of people say that the first thing that they eat are the ears.
4. The first Cadbury Easter egg was made in 1875. Now, one in three hollow chocolate eggs are made in Cadbury’s Birmingham factory.
5. Civilisations as far back as the Ancient Egyptians, Romans and Greeks dyed eggs in order to celebrate the spring.
For more science and technology articles, pick up the latest copy of How It Works from all good retailers or from our website now. If you have a tablet or smartphone, you can also download the digital version onto your iOS or Android device. To make sure you never miss an issue of How It Works magazine, subscribe today!