1. Grey hair – When your hair turns grey has a lot to do with your genetics, but the loss of melanin associated with grey hair is due to older age.
2. Wrinkles – The loss of skin elasticity also ages us through the creation of wrinkles, although in some cases it can be prevented or at least slowed down.
3. Missing teeth – Enamel on our teeth wears down over time and maintaining dental hygiene becomes more difficult, resulting in tooth loss.
4. Loss of eyesight – With ageing can come a number of vision problems that can cause a loss of sight, including cataracts, glaucoma and macular degeneration.
5. Loss of hearing – Age-related hearing loss can be caused by everything from environmental factors to a degeneration of the fine hair cells int he cochlea.