How It Works
Wet_light

Will touching a light switch with wet hands electrocute you?

Wet_light

Wet_light

This one’s a bit of a grey area because while it might be theoretically possible this could happen, it’s very unlikely. Your hands would have to be wet enough for water to drip past the rocker to the live wires behind it and complete a circuit with your finger in the time it takes for you to flick the switch. This would give you an electric shock but probably only at your fingertips. To electrocute you, on the other hand, the current would have to flow through your body and stop your heart. That’s much more likely if your whole body is wet, which is why bathroom light switches tend to use pull cords to keep your wet hands away from the wiring, just to be on the safe side.

TRUSTED