Supersonic? Bah that’s nothing. New technology means that hypersonic flight, five times the speed of sound, might not be all that far away. Strap into the cockpit of a hypersonic vehicle and join How It Works as we discover how flights to New York from London could be whittled down to just one hour!
- The science of music: why do we actually enjoy our favourite tunes?
- Real life Star Wars technology: tech from a galaxy far, far away is among us including droids, landspeeders and even lightsabers!
- Prehistoric monsters: The deadliest ancient creatures from giant lizards to ocean predators!
- Water worlds: Is finding water the key to extraterrestrial life?
- Animal survival science: How the hardiest critters on Earth stay alive and thrive.
- And much, much more!
Pick up a copy of issue 93 today from all good retailers, or order it online from the ImagineShop. If you have a tablet or smartphone, you can also download the digital version onto your iOS or Android device. To make sure you never miss an issue of How It Works magazine, make sure you subscribe today!