48 years ago this year, Neil Armstrong uttered his famous words as he became the first man to set foot on the Moon. Now in the 21st century, there’s a new space race on the horizon; missions to Mars. In the past, probes and rovers have been sent to the Red Planet but now the race is on to land the first human on Mars. Pick up your copy of How It Works issue 96 as we devote a full feature on the planned missions looking at the rocket systems that will take us to Mars and the colonies that will be established once we’re there.
Also in the issue:
- War robots: how military machines will save lives on the battlefield
- History of time: from sundials to atomic clocks
- The science of stress: how stress affects both body and mind
- Earth’s amazing caves
- Why all world maps are wrong
- Why glitter sticks to everything
- And much, much more.
Pick up your copy of issue 96 from our online shop or from all good retailers today. If you have a tablet or smartphone, you can also download the digital version onto your iOS or Android device. To make sure you never miss an issue of How It Works magazine, make sure you subscribe today!